Notice of Privacy Practices
- Maintain the privacy of your medical information.
- Provide you with a notice of our privacy practices.
- Post a copy of our Notice of Privacy Practices in a conspicuous place in our office.
- Abide by the terms of our Notice of Privacy Practices.
Your rights as a patient under HIPAA: YOU MAY
- Request a copy of certain portions of your medical records.
- Request that your medical information in our records be changed if you feel it is not accurate.
- Receive an accounting of the manner in which your medical information has been disclosed to various persons or agencies other than approved routine uses such as for the purposes of insurance, billing, and as needed by your other doctors.
- Request restrictions on how we use or disclose your medical information.
- Notify you if we are unable to agree to your requested restriction or disclosure of health information
- Agree to reasonable request you may have to communicate health information by an alternative means or at alternative locations.
All patients will be asked to sign acknowledging the receipt of this NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES from us. This notice describes how your medical information may be used and disclosed by us and how you may gain access to your medical information. Please review the following carefully so that you will understand your rights as a patient under the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountabilty Act (HIPAA).
We reserve the right to change our privacy practices and to use a new Notice of Privacy Practices for all proted health infomation.
If you have any questions about the privacy of your records, please do not hesitate to contact our office.